The Firm has a team dedicated to advice and assistance in employment, labour and social security law for Italian clients doing business in Italy and the European Union and for foreign clients seeking to open a business division in Italy.
The employment law department maintains ongoing oversight of the employment implications of corporate operations, providing general advice in different industries and product segments and offering support in all transactions and matters, both extraordinary and ordinary, that involve employment relationships.
The professionals on the team, each with his or her own expertise and specialisation, can offer assistance and guidance in the following areas:
- corporate and M&A transactions;
- labour due diligence and social security audits;
- restructuring, reorganisation and redundancy and lay-off procedures;
- assistance in industrial relations and labour union negotiations (collective and individual);
- workplace accidents;
- drafting corporate policies;
- corporate welfare plans;
- social security and insurance matters associated with the Italian INPS (National Social Security Authority), INAIL (National Workers’ Compensation Authority) and other unemployment and social security funds;
- supplementary social security;
- choosing and drafting employment and collaboration agreements;
- non-compete and retention agreements;
- ongoing management of employment relationships (hiring, disciplinary measures, terminations, transfers);
- agency and other forms of collaboration with professionals and experts;
- court cases, in protected settings, and in mediation, conciliation and assisted negotiation proceedings;
- training human resources directors and administrators.